At Grace, our children’s ministry endeavors to work with families to teach children about the greatness and worth of God and encourage them to glorify God, trust in Him, live holy lives and serve God joyfully.
Child Check In/Out
Your family can check-in in the hallway and then drop off your children in their classrooms. You will pick them up from their classrooms at the end of the service using your claim sticker.
(Birth – Kindergarten)
What We Provide
On Sunday mornings, we provide three Early Childhood classes. A different age-appropriate curriculum from Children Desiring God provides the Bible stories and lessons taught in each class.
In the Nursery and Preschool classes, babies and toddlers under age three receive loving care, fun playtime, a snack and a short Bible lesson. In the Kindergarten class, children ages 4-5 years also participate in themed play, a Bible lesson and have time set aside for small group discussion.
(First – Fifth Grade)
What We Provide
Our passion for teaching children about the greatness and might of God continues through their Elementary years. Each Sunday, children in Grades 1-5 meet for corporate worship in the main sanctuary to begin the morning. Afterward, Elementary teachers lead the children to their classroom for their Bible lesson and small group discussion. Beginning in Fall 2016, the Elementary class will begin a recently revised curriculum from Children Desiring God called The ABCs of God©.
- The Bible is the inspired word of God
- God is holy, righteous and loving
- God is the creator and sovereign over everything that is, was or will be.
- God eternally exists as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- God created man in His image to reflect Him and represent Him.
- Every one of us was born a sinner.
- The punishment for sin is being separated from God forever in hell.
- Jesus died to take our punishment so we could be forgiven.
- Jesus came back to life so we could live forever with God.
- The Holy Spirit indwells Christians and empowers them to live Godly lives.
Be sure to work on the Core Concepts with your Children. Let’s have every child master each of the concepts this year.
Our core values for Children’s Ministry at Grace Fullerton remain the same as what we have had at our La Mirada campus. Our team of volunteers looks forward to getting to know your family!
- Nursery/Toddlers (Babies and 1 year olds): Children Desiring God, A Sure Foundation for Infants
- Preschool (2 & 3 year olds): Children Desiring God, A Sure Foundation for Older Toddlers
- Pre-K/K (4yr olds through Kindergarten): Children Desiring God, Jesus What A Savior!
- Elementary (1st – 5th Grade): Children Desiring God, The ABCs of God
Behold, children are a gift of the Lord! declares the Psalmist (Ps. 127:3)
As with all of God’s blessings, great gifts come with great responsibilities. God calls parents not merely to raise children, but worshipers.
Bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord (Eph. 6:4)
God doesn’t call you to do this alone but by the strength He graciously provides and with the support, encouragement, and accountability of the body of Christ. Parents, in child dedication, you stand before your church family to dedicate your children to the Lord and yourselves to the task of raising them to be worshipers of Jesus Christ.
The following Sunday evening Lord’s Supper services are tentatively scheduled for child dedications:
January 29, April 2, July 2, August 6, November 5 and December 3
The deadline to sign up to dedicate your child (or children) is the 15th of the previous month. (For example, to dedicate your child on March 2 you must register by February 15.) There will be a mandatory class for parents offered one week prior to the dedication date on a Sunday morning. Please plan for both parents to attend without children.
If you are interested in dedicating your child(ren) at Grace, please fill out the form below. If will be your first-time dedicating a child, we will send you a link to an additional “First-Time Child Dedication” form to submit. If it is not your first time, we will sign you up for the corresponding child dedication class.
If you would like your child(ren) dedicated, please click on the link below