Brian & Julie O'Herin
The O'Herins, with Wycliffe Bible Translators for 28 years, have served on a translation project in Russia and in training people for work in other languages and cultures. Brian is now the International Linguistics Coordinator for SIL. The O'Herins' sons study law and are active in their church ministries. Kevin will graduate from Stanford Law School in June, then move with his wife Alice to Houston to work with a federal judge. Steven interns with the district attorney, begins his final year at Pepperdine Law School this fall, and plans to marry his fiancée Christy in December.
- For completed Bible translations (fewer than 2,000 left to begin); the launch of the website Brian worked on (www.sil.org); praying partners who encourage us; and our marriage of 30 years. God is faithful!
- Praise God for very positive interactions with linguists in the academic community.
- Thank God with us for His grace and mercies to us, our colleagues and our family, as we travel, share and serve.
- For "CLIC," an international meeting in September in the Netherlands to discuss linguistic issues affecting translation around the world, which Brian is planning and leading.
- For the right personnel to fill key jobs and meet needs in the linguistics and translation work around the world. Also, that the Scriptures and other work produced would result in changed hearts and God's glory.
- For wisdom, balance, dealing well with stress (especially Brian in his administrative role), and that we would daily grow closer to our Lord Jesus and honor Him. Thank you.