Mike & Samantha Owen
Mike and Samantha Owen are missionaries with Liebenzell USA serving at Pacific Islands University (PIU), Guam. Michael is responsible for teaching undergraduate and seminary classes as well as developing classes for the Distance Education program, organizing chapels, and being involved all around in the discipleship of the students on the Guam campus. Samantha is Director of Advancement at PIU. Both Mike and Samantha care for their three children, Titus, Courage, and Serenity.
Pacific Islands University seeks to provide accessible, transformational, and quality Christian higher education that will prepare men and women with a biblical worldview for leadership and service in life, work, and ministry in the global community and the church.
- For wisdom for the school leadership as they make important decisions about the future of the school.
- For more workers. The school has many opportunities to expand program offerings but is limited by of a lack of faculty and staff.
- For funding for the school to pay for more faculty/staff and for the a needed future relocation of the school.
- Praise God that the school is expanding in its student body and pray that these students will be able to grow in their knowledge of God and His world and grow as a part of His family (many of our students come to PIU without a real relationship to Jesus or his church).
- Pray for the upperclassmen at PIU, that they will do excellently in what God has called them to do as students, as older brothers and sisters to the underclassmen, and as workers in their churches (many of our students run youth groups and other church ministries around the islands).
For the Owen family:
- Balance. Pray that we would live a God-honoring balance in raising a family, official ministry work responsibilities, and unofficial times of fellowship, connecting, and discipling.
- Children. Please pray that our children would grow to love the Lord, His word and His people with all their hearts and that they would be healthy and strong.
- Marriage. We understand that our marriage is the heart of all ministry that we do. Pray that we would diligently guard our hearts and minds and intentionally and sacrificially love one another each day.