Paul & Ethel Gould
Paul & Ethel Gould work with graduate students and professors as part of the Faculty Commons, a division of Campus Crusade for Christ.
The Gould’s believe that university professors (and future professors—i.e., graduate students) are some of the most influential people in society. In many ways, professors get to tell us what to think about what is good, true and beautiful. And they shape what students consider plausibly true or false. Thus, professors truly are an Archimedean lever that God can use to win students, and ultimately the world, to Christ.
Click here to see what Faculty Commons is all about.
- For wisdom as Paul and Ethel give leadership to the National ministry of Faculty Commons.
- For Paul as he often lectures on various campuses in contending for the truth of Christianity. Pray that the truth would pierce the hearts of those who hear and the Spirit will use these speaking engagements to plant many seeds.
- Pray for Paul as he helps to develop materials to reach professors and help them as they integrate their faith with their scholarship.
- The Faculty Commons and the National team—we are developing tools and working on integrating the undergraduate ministry with the faculty ministry. Our vision: Building movements of professors and students to bring the hope of Christ to the world.
Pray requests as of July 2012:
- This month we are in Orlando Florida (July). Paul will be teaching an Apologetics course for our CRU staff. Ethel will be taking (Paul’s!) course. Pray that Paul will do a good job training and equipping our staff to communicate a brilliant and beautiful Christ to the world.
- After our time in Orlando, we have a week of vacation in Wisconsin and then Paul is preaching at two churches—one in Indiana and one in Ohio. We will be connecting with friends and supporters at each church. Pray that folks we interact with would be encouraged by the work of the gospel, pray for travel strength for the Gould family.
- Please pray for rest and renewal for our family. We are coming off an exhausting ministry year. Our family needs some time to rest and relax.
- Please pray for the fall. Paul will be transitioning a bit in his role. In addition to working with faculty, Paul will begin to work a couple days with William Lane Craig, helping to further his national and international apologetics ministry (this is very exciting). Pray for opportunities to open up for Paul to proclaim the gospel on university campuses.