Come study with us on our La Mirada campus during the 9:30 a.m. Sunday service, upstairs in Room 204.
Our current series is on the Epistle to the Ephesians.
SIT – WALK – STAND
Adult Bible Study is happy to announce that we are starting a new study through Paul’s Epistle to the Ephesians January 8th.
In his letter to the Ephesians Paul explains our identity in Christ, what it means to daily live in community with Christ and his people in such a way that we live supernatural lives of obedience and devotion, and are strengthened to stand firm in the day of trouble.
John Stott writes: “Nobody can emerge from a careful reading of Paul’s letter to the Ephesians with a privatized gospel. For Ephesians is the gospel of the church. It sets forth God’s eternal purpose to create through Jesus Christ a new society which stands out in bright relief against the somber background of the old world. “
(Dr. Gomes will continue his Heaven & Hell lecture series in the spring, when he will be covering the doctrine of hell.)
In Adult Bible Study (ABS), the Word of God is read, taught, and discussed so that we can grow in the discipline and instruction of our Lord. We meet on Sundays at 9:30 a.m. in Room 204 upstairs. We invite you to come study with us!
|7-May||Heaven & Hell|
|14-May||Heaven & Hell|
|21-May||Heaven & Hell|
|28-May||Heave & Hell|
Adult Bible Study strives to build up the body of Christ by encouraging continual growth in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Open to adults of all ages, we get to know one another, study the word together, discuss the implications of what we learn and seek to encourage one another as disciples of Jesus.
We study through scripture and through the occasional book that biblically cover topics relevant to the people of Grace. Some of the teaching series we have done in the past are:
- Our current series: Joshua
- Heaven & Hell: Doctrine of Heaven
- Exodus: Glory Mercy Deliverance
- Genesis 1-11
- The Gospel and the End of Time: 1&2 Thessalonians
- The Beatitudes
- 1, 2, 3 John
- Song of Solomon
- Ezra and Nehemiah
- 1 and 2 Peter
- Messianic Prophecy
- The Treasure Principle
- Changing Hearts, Changing Minds
- The Deep Things of God: How the Trinity Changes Everything
And of course, our previous summer series:
- Poetic Voices II: Psalms of the Sons of Korah
- Poetic Voices – Selected Psalms
- Melodic Voices – Hymns
- Pathetic Voices – Losers of the Bible
- Apostolic Voices – Lives of the apostles
- Prophetic Voices – Minor Prophets survey
- Parabolic Voices – selected parables
- Proverbial Voices – selected proverbs
- Missional Voices – Grace missions and missionaries
Classes are taught by a cadre of teachers from a variety of backgrounds:
- Brian O’Herin – Linguist
- Ben Baeder – Journalist
- Tandre Williams – Petroleum Engineer
- Tim Stranske – Associate Professor of Education/ Elder
- Joe Henderson – Assistant Professor, Torrey Honors
- Eric Twisselman – Teacher/ Elder
- Dave McMillen – Business Development Manager/ Elder
We meet at 9:30 a.m. during second service.
We meet at this time to give the parents of Middle and High School age kids an opportunity to enrich their walk while their kids are at Youth Group. The Elders strongly encourage families to worship together with their children as part of the greater Grace community so that these young men and women feel they have a place at Grace outside of youth ministry.
Questions? Contact Dave McMillen: email@example.com
La Mirada Campus:
Upstairs Room 204
12717 Santa Gertrudes Ave.
La Mirada, CA 90638