Come study with us during the 9:30 a.m. Sunday service, upstairs in Room 204.
Adult Bible Study continues our “Voices” summer series with a reprise of Prophetic Voices – a survey through the Minor Prophets. Carl Truman says that The Twelve “contain a wealth of teaching for God’s people, from warnings about complacency and triumphalism, to exhortations to justice for the poor and the weak, to encouragements to those facing the hostility of the world around. Above all, of course, they teach us Christ.”
During this summer season we hope you can join us as we learn from the prophets. We meet at 9:30upstairs in room 204.
In Adult Bible Study (ABS), the Word of God is read, taught, and discussed so that we can grow in the discipline and instruction of our Lord. We meet on Sundays at 9:30 a.m. in Room 204 upstairs. We invite you to come study with us!
Heaven & Hell: recordings of Alan Gomes’ class lectures
Adult Bible Study strives to build up the body of Christ by encouraging continual growth in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Open to adults of all ages, we get to know one another, study the word together, discuss the implications of what we learn and seek to encourage one another as disciples of Jesus.
We study through scripture and through the occasional book that biblically cover topics relevant to the people of Grace. Some of the teaching series we have done in the past are:
- Our current series: Joshua
- Heaven & Hell: Doctrine of Heaven
- Exodus: Glory Mercy Deliverance
- Genesis 1-11
- The Gospel and the End of Time: 1&2 Thessalonians
- The Beatitudes
- 1, 2, 3 John
- Song of Solomon
- Ezra and Nehemiah
- 1 and 2 Peter
- Messianic Prophecy
- The Treasure Principle
- Changing Hearts, Changing Minds
- The Deep Things of God: How the Trinity Changes Everything
And of course, our previous summer series:
- Poetic Voices II: Psalms of the Sons of Korah
- Poetic Voices – Selected Psalms
- Melodic Voices – Hymns
- Pathetic Voices – Losers of the Bible
- Apostolic Voices – Lives of the apostles
- Prophetic Voices – Minor Prophets survey
- Parabolic Voices – selected parables
- Proverbial Voices – selected proverbs
- Missional Voices – Grace missions and missionaries
Classes are taught by a cadre of teachers from a variety of backgrounds:
- Brian O’Herin – Linguist
- Ben Baeder – Journalist
- Tandre Williams – Petroleum Engineer
- Tim Stranske – Associate Professor of Education/ Elder
- Joe Henderson – Assistant Professor, Torrey Honors
- Eric Twisselman – Teacher/ Elder
- Dave McMillen – Business Development Manager/ Elder
We meet at 9:30 a.m. during second service.
We meet at this time to give the parents of Middle and High School age kids an opportunity to enrich their walk while their kids are at Youth Group. The Elders strongly encourage families to worship together with their children as part of the greater Grace community so that these young men and women feel they have a place at Grace outside of youth ministry.
Questions? Contact Dave McMillen: email@example.com
Upstairs Room 204
12717 Santa Gertrudes Ave.
La Mirada, CA 90638