Children’s Ministry Volunteers
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to work with our children at Grace Evangelical Free Church.
We are grateful for the volunteers that God has sent to help us teach children about God’s greatness and worth, encourage them to glorify God, inspire them to live holy lives and challenge them to serve God joyfully. We are looking for people who are passionate about teaching children about our great God. If you are one of these people, we welcome you to our team at Grace Kids.
Ways to Serve
- Pray regularly for their students.
- Greet each child as they come and leave
- Lead small groups
- Assist the lead teachers
- Attend to the needs of the children
- Maintain discipline
- Send letters or cards to their students
- Attend teacher’s meetings
(in addition to the above)
- Understand the big ideas and concepts underlying the years curriculum
- Carefully and prayerfully plan the weekly lesson
- If you are Co-Lead Teachers, decide who will teach the lesson each week
- Evaluate what the students are learning
Grace Women’s Bible Study Childcare
Nursery, Toddlers, and More
We also need Nursery/Toddler monthly volunteers and substitutes for all ages. We need volunteers to oversee the playground each Sunday morning, help with Kidsnet, and be special needs buddies.
To ensure that we’re providing spiritual growth for our teachers we request that our children’s volunteers regularly attend a Sunday morning church service.
Our application process allows us to get to know you better and insure that we have people that meet our standards for Grace Kid’s volunteers.
Our regular volunteers work more than once a month. These are our Nursery/Toddler regular volunteers, our classroom teachers and our Grace Women’s Fellowship child care workers. The requirements for regular volunteers are:
- Completion and submission of an Interest Form to let us know your age group preference and your availability.
- Completion and submission of Volunteer Screening Form.
- Completion and submission of the Children’s Ministry Volunteer Application
- Completion and submission of background check form. Please put the completed form in the envelope provided and return it to a Children’s Ministry staff member or the church office.
- Submission of reference form completed by one of your spiritual mentors or someone who has supervised you when you worked with children.
- Submission of one other reference from a non relative.
Our periodic volunteers usually work once a month or less. These include our Nursery/Toddler volunteers, Grace Group members who care for our children during the Lord’s Supper Services, special events and Project Hope childcare volunteers and occasional substitutes. The requirements for periodic volunteers are:
- Completion and submission of Volunteer Screening Form
- Clearance through Megan’s Law completed by Grace staff