Giving to Grace
Giving is a part of our worship. Offerings were given to God as an act of worship and mentioned even as long ago as the book of Genesis. We believe giving cheerfully and sacrificially is an act of worship that blesses the giver as much as the receiver (2 Corinthians 9:6-7). While there are many reasons the scriptures give us for why we should give, one that should move your heart most directly is because it makes us more like Christ. There is no greater example of sacrificial generosity than Jesus. As we seek to be more like Him, giving is an absolutely essential element to following Christ.
When we give out of love for Christ, and with a generous heart, it causes many changes within us. Here are a few to think about:
- It increases our intimacy and directs our attention and heart to Christ. (Matthew 6:21)
- It increases our character, conforming us to Christ’s image as an unselfish giver.
- It helps us realize the true ownership of ALL of our possessions. (I Chronicles 29:11-12)
- It teaches us to trust and submit everything to God. (Deuteronomy 14:22-23)
- It works as our greatest weapon against the idolatry of money and its illusion of power in our lives.
While most congregants continue to give by placing a check or cash into the offering basket during our worship services, there are many ways to show your generosity to Grace and support the work of ministry here.
- Give online via our website using eCheck also called ACH or EFT
- Give online via our website using a debit or credit card (Please note that Grace is charged a fee.)
- Mail to or drop your contribution at the Grace office
- Give via text – Text GRACEEVFREE to 77977
- Give via the Grace App available for iOS or Android
- Donate your assets like: real property, stocks, or a car
- By planned giving through a will, estate, trust or retirement account
Contact Jim Clark our Church Administrator if you need assistance.
While giving should always be motivated by your love and worship of God, please remember, in order to receive the appropriate documentation for tax purposes and benefits, we must be able to clearly identify you and connect you to your gift.